1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online Reporting - Where do we stand?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by blahblahblah, Jan 20, 2011.

1. blahblahblah

blahblahblah New commenter

Hi
    I am after a definitive answer in regard to the requirement to provide a vehicle for Onlien reporting, I know that this came out from the DCSF via BECTA but with teh scrapping of Becta has this changed the requirement to have online reporting in place.
    I appreciate it is a means of increasing parental engagement but with budget cuts i am not sure it is our highest priority.
    Can someone (as I cant find it online!) give me a definitive we should or we dont have to answer and if you have any positive stories about the use of online reporting or can suggest high quality portals you have used please tell me or are you linking it all through your VLE provider
    Thanks
    BBB

2. blahblahblah

blahblahblah New commenter

Hi
    I am after a definitive answer in regard to the requirement to provide a vehicle for Onlien reporting, I know that this came out from the DCSF via BECTA but with teh scrapping of Becta has this changed the requirement to have online reporting in place.
    I appreciate it is a means of increasing parental engagement but with budget cuts i am not sure it is our highest priority.
    Can someone (as I cant find it online!) give me a definitive we should or we dont have to answer and if you have any positive stories about the use of online reporting or can suggest high quality portals you have used please tell me or are you linking it all through your VLE provider
    Thanks
    BBB

3. The coalition government has scrapped all the education targets set by the previous government.This includes the requirement to have online reporting in place.
    ICT is hardly mentioned at all in any papers that the government has produced. They are not interested in ICT either as something a school uses, or as a subject.
    So if your school hasn't completed its steps to set up online reporting then it doesn't have to.
    However, a school does have to report to parents and parents of pupils in schools that have set up online reporting are generally pleased with being able to check from home on the fairly basic reports that they can read. So actually it is probably worth keeping if you already have it, and maybe worth doing if you haven't quite got there. But then, in this financial climate there could be better ways to spend your money.

4. Hi Everyone, I apologise upfront if posting about products/services are not allowed, I couldn't find anything within the terms and conditions, if this is the case then delete this post.

We understand that primary schools are required to report, online to parents, by September this year, we are a new start up organisation who are offering a student reporting solution to meet this requirement, at a very competitive price.

Features include;

- Attendance/Target reporting

- Mobile/Tablet friendly

- Relationship manager

- Child Profile with post tagging

If anybody is interested in any further information or want to schedule a demo, please contact us using the form located on our website: http://tinyurl.com/6n8fo8u or email us directly at sales@studentreport.co.uk

Thank you

5. "offering a student reporting solution to meet this requirement, at a very competitive price."

Ahhhh, this sales sh1te takes me back. We used to come out with the ' we don't sell software, we sell solutions' drivel when we were on sales courses at IBM. Everyone always thought you were a nob when these cliches were rolled out for the umpteenth time.