1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

online petition to stop unqualified cover supervisors

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by hemingfordgrey, Jan 23, 2012.

1. http://whelk-stall.blogspot.com/2011/04/cover-supervisor.html

For anyone who hasn't seen it before.

2. historygrump

historygrump Senior commenter Forum guide

unfortunatelly since it was out, we have attracted less then 700 signatures, which is depressing and i am running out of ideas to publish the plight of supply and unemployed teachers, and the use of support staff to teach.
    1. How many teachers have made an appointment with their MP to demand that he gets answers from the S of S for Education in the commons? That reminds me, I need to get my MP to find out why Mr Gove as not asnwered the 8 questions I submitted via my MP.
    2. I have wrote to the Shadow S of S and the even the former Shadow S of S to deal with the issue, they seem uninterested, I will write to other shadow ministers now.
    3. Many of us have emailed the dept of <strike>dumbing down</strike> Education and got absurd replies, which means that thye give in, I still send at least 1 email a month to them on the issue, just to wind them. If enough people email them they eventually may get the messag.
    4. I have wrote to the papers, without success, especially the Daily Mails Sarah Harris (a gove loyalist, it would appear by her articles). At least the TES are considering at doing some form of article on the use of the unqualified, the impact on the supply and unemployed teachers.
    I will not give in and i will fight as long as I can, as I know that many other teachers will, until we achieve our aim. Thanks, rants over.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just want to say thank you to historygrump and all others trying to 'fly the flag' as far as this isssue is concerned. (I <u>have</u> replied to the petition by the way!)
    I think one of the big problems is for those of us living in rural, close-knit communities, (where, unfortunately, word of mouth reputation,can make or break job opportunities) who are trying to at least get the occasional day of supply, find it too hard to 'shout it from the rooftops' too often, in case we completely scupper our chances.They know we're effectively 'tied' from doing too much in our desperation.
    Certainly, it seems, no-one wants to know, or believe, the true situation in education and school!

4. stan-dards

stan-dards New commenter

Why are schools going to pay supply teachers the correct rate when they can get cheaper bodies to do the baby sitting/riot control/supervising .Parents arent bothered & the exam results keep improving!!

5. I have just spoken to my recruitment agency and they are going to send this petition out to everyone on their books. Could everyone else do the same?

6. GodOfBiscuits

GodOfBiscuits New commenter

Just as a point of pedantry. 100,000 signatures doesn't mean that they have to debate it in parliament, it just means that they have to consider debating it in parliament.It's the get out clause that means they don't have to debate 'bring back hanging' every week or so.