1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online Maths Games for KS2 & KS3

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by LindyHop, Feb 25, 2011.

1. LindyHop

LindyHop New commenter

I used to use a website some time ago that had maths games on it (suitable for Laptop / Interactive White Boards). It was UK based, always had a black background and always had background music (either immediately you loaded the page or as soon as you started playing a game). The games were only suitable for KS2 & KS3, but were brilliant. After you had picked a Maths category one or two players would pick a 'superhero' style character, then the game would begin. Those that got the questions wrong would gradually see more and more bruises appearing on their superhero. Once all the questions were answered then the superhero / winner would be announced/displayed. At first when website was new all games were free. Then some months later you had to subscribe and pay to have access to all games, but a small number were still free. Those that were free didn't have a gold padlock next to them. Can anyone remember the name of the website or if it has been taken down? Would love to have another peek and maybe use in future.

All help much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

LindyHop

2. LindyHop

LindyHop New commenter

I used to use a website some time ago that had maths games on it (suitable for Laptop / Interactive White Boards). It was UK based, always had a black background and always had background music (either immediately you loaded the page or as soon as you started playing a game). The games were only suitable for KS2 & KS3, but were brilliant. After you had picked a Maths category one or two players would pick a 'superhero' style character, then the game would begin. Those that got the questions wrong would gradually see more and more bruises appearing on their superhero. Once all the questions were answered then the superhero / winner would be announced/displayed. At first when website was new all games were free. Then some months later you had to subscribe and pay to have access to all games, but a small number were still free. Those that were free didn't have a gold padlock next to them. Can anyone remember the name of the website or if it has been taken down? Would love to have another peek and maybe use in future.

All help much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

LindyHop

3. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Are you thinking of Super Maths World LindyHop?
    I put a link to it at the top of this page.
    I decided I would put links together for some favourite games. Nrich have lots of good ones.

4. not your game - but recommend subtangent for ks2 - maths and other games