1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online Marking and Evidence

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by kfranklin5, Jun 30, 2017.

1. kfranklin5

kfranklin5 New commenter

Hi,

I am moving to a new school soon where technology is used a lot within teaching, which is good!
    However I am not too familiar with online marking and the best way to evidence it.
    The school uses Google apps for most things including Google Classroom.
    The main issue I am having when thinking about it is how to evidence progress if someone wanted to check, clearly if it gets checked by OFSTED or anyone it needs to be available for them.

What are your thoughts and have you done anything that has been successful?

Thanks!

2. evilmonkey

evilmonkey New commenter

It depends on the school's policy I would say, but in general Google Aps for Education (Classroom is part of this) for any given assignment, it allows marks to be assigned, overall comments to be left and comments on the work (like comments in word).

It generates summaries of marks for all assignments, so you can show progress over time.

In an Ofsted situation I would encourage a student to show the inspector their account which will clearly show the work marked online.

3. kfranklin5

kfranklin5 New commenter

Thanks for the reply,
    I suppose it may be worth me making a point to the students if anyone asks to see any marking then what/where to show them in that case, I will also give any inspector a tracker sheet that reflects progress anyway showing what they knew at the start of the the topic to what they know now. I can print off in these circumstances if needs be anyway.