1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online Learning

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by SammyBear2016, Oct 15, 2020.

1. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 Occasional commenter

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this and if not I apologise.

With the current situation with Covid and the very difficult task that schools are being given at the moment to be able to provide online learning to any students that are self isolating or in the event of another lockdown would you consider looking for outside expertise to assist with this? I know that online learning is something that is new for so many and that budget restrictions may limit what you were able to do but if an online learning consultant could come in and advise you what you could do within the budget you have, would that be something that you would be interested in?

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

No one will be "coming in" for quite some time but some schools may meet you online.

All the schools I know have worked it out themselves through word of mouth but there's a good chance some will need a hand.

The biggest issue is budget because no school budgeted for this and we are looking at cancelling everything just to pay for hand sanitizer without making redundancies.

colacao17 likes this.
  3. SammyBear2016

SammyBear2016 Occasional commenter

Thank you so much for your response. I didn't phrase that very well, I agree that going into schools unless absolutely necessary is not going to be happening for a good while yet.

I really feel for schools at the moment, everything that you are being asked to do without the extra financial resources and the additional pressure being put on staff.