1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online intervention resource for IGCSE

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by kswatson, Nov 16, 2018.

1. kswatson

kswatson New commenter

I am on the hunt for an online intervention resource for use mainly with KS4 Edexcel IGCSE Maths. We use Kognity with the older students but unfortunately they have not yet developed the IGCSE Maths resources. Ideally I would also like to use the same resource for KS3. I have used MyiMaths previously and liked it for its simplicity, but I dislike its focus on answers. My second in department likes Mathswatch for the video support, but having used it before has found it difficult to use with KS4 due to the way their method is marked. The other negative about this is that they do not cover the International GCSE syllabus.

There seems to be an endless stream of resources like this, e.g. Hegarty Maths, MathsOnline, etc etc.

What I want to know is: does anybody know of a good online resource, with immediate feedback and monitoring features, for Edexcel International GCSE and KS3?

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

In summer 2018, 30,000 students took iGCSE. 440,000 took GCSE. It's to do with economies of scale. There just aren't enough students for people to develop a niche product. It's the same with "best guess papers" for the November resits - the numbers are just too small.

3. SparkMaths

SparkMaths Occasional commenter

I'm developing a website like this, other than not supporting iGCSE what features are MyMaths and Mathswatch lacking for you?

Seems like you want method marks?

4. matthawes

matthawes New commenter

Well, you could try EzyMaths - Provides bespoke video feedback for every question that a student answers (The best immediate feedback there is) Plus their new Snapshots with Augmented Reality really help to engage students when revising/ need a little extra boost. Check their twitter feed for more info.