1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online homework portal

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Silent85, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Silent85

Silent85 New commenter

Hello,
    Can anyone recommend a good homework portal that one could use to issue homework to the parents/students?

2. I have been using Edmodo for the past 2 years with years 7, 8 and 9 to set and receive homework. As a teacher, it is really good because the entire process (teacher set, pupil hand in, teacher review and mark, teacher give feedback, pupil review feedback and respond (if necessary)). After the initial 1-2 weeks (of 1 lesson a week), all my classes really got into it.

You can use Edmodo for more than just homework, but at the moment that is all I use it for.

The way it is set up, when you have got your class onto the website, students can send messages to the whole class. Everything is viewed by the teacher (students have no private message facility), but you need to consider whether or not you have any *** who will abuse this. Over the last 2 years I have not had a single inappropriate message being sent.