1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online English Teachers?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Happyregardless, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Happyregardless

Happyregardless Occasional commenter

Online English Teachers?

so far I have applied to a couple of companies ( most seem to be Chinese companies or representing Chinese companies but based in the UK) as i thought it might offer additional work on top of Primary supply work. I have had a Skype interview ( of about 30mins) taught a demo lesson and have another lesson booked next Sunday morning. Learning platform works fine and think i will enjoy this type of teaching/tutoring but anyone else experience of this or can say ( not mentioning companies on here for community guideline reasons but could perhaps pm) which companies to avoid and which are legitimate, as everytime I look on 'a well known job site' there seems to be yet another type of these companies and how much is just one person setting up a tutoring platform and then taking commission off ot top.
    Is anyone working for one of these companies and actually making honest wokr/wages from this? thanks