1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online diary software

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mickeyforpresident, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mickeyforpresident

mickeyforpresident New commenter

Ok - ive decided to finally move into the 21st Century and attempt to get rid of my good old filofax and start to keep the school and my diary online ..... can any of you suggest any software that does a good job? I'd quite like the diary to be shared so that all my teachers can access it and add appointments etc,.

Thanks for your help!

2. This is exactly what I'm needing too! Researching it all and still have no idea!

3. We use the diary facility which is provided by our LA - it's something called Zimbra and allows us to access diary, email and contacts etc. However, we also have the option of using the diary facility on our learning platform provided by Moodle. Both are equally as good.

4. Everything interesting was blocked when our provider changed, but you can change the settings on your browser and then it will let it through the filters. Sorry, that's pretty vague, but worth asking about in school.

5. I use outlook at school and then sync with google. All staff have access to my diary so can see well ahead of any events happening. Very useful.[​IMG]

6. I used to use outlook and sync it with google, but the county is now using Outlook Webmail and I can no longer get it to sync with googlemail. Very annoying!

7. Outlook now syncs with the Iphone - I find Outlook the best for calendar, contacts etc.