1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Online children's development diplomas- worth it?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by ragrug, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm just looking for a bit of advice from people in the know really. I've been looking into online chidlren's development diploma courses and whereas I would like to do one I'm not sure if it is worth it - will they be recognised by employers in the future?

I have already got a degree but not in a child related subject and am currently working as an unqualified nursery assistant through an agency providing supply work. I worked in a bi-lingual kindergarten in Germany as a group leader for almost 2 years where I had responsibility as a qualified nursery nurse has in the UK, as a reception TA for a year in the UK and so have plenty of practical experience of working with early years children. I would love to have some more of the theory to go with that to do a better job and so am considering an online course.

I'm not in a position where I can attend a college full time and will probably be moving abroad again in the next year and hopefully working in another bi-lingual nursery. so obviously online courses would allow the flexibility to carry on the study abroad.

But while I am planning to leave the UK I would like to make sure that the course is a valid one and would be reciognised by potential employers in the future if I return to the Uk and look for work. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good course?

Thanks

2. Hi,
    I'm just looking for a bit of advice from people in the know really. I've been looking into online chidlren's development diploma courses and whereas I would like to do one I'm not sure if it is worth it - will they be recognised by employers in the future?

I have already got a degree but not in a child related subject and am currently working as an unqualified nursery assistant through an agency providing supply work. I worked in a bi-lingual kindergarten in Germany as a group leader for almost 2 years where I had responsibility as a qualified nursery nurse has in the UK, as a reception TA for a year in the UK and so have plenty of practical experience of working with early years children. I would love to have some more of the theory to go with that to do a better job and so am considering an online course.

I'm not in a position where I can attend a college full time and will probably be moving abroad again in the next year and hopefully working in another bi-lingual nursery. so obviously online courses would allow the flexibility to carry on the study abroad.

But while I am planning to leave the UK I would like to make sure that the course is a valid one and would be reciognised by potential employers in the future if I return to the Uk and look for work. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good course?

Thanks