1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One year one and time to reflect....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ff392, Mar 3, 2012.

1. This time on this day , last year my marriage ended - at the time, I was also in a job I hated (teaching), my relationship with my boys was good, I had no outside interests..............( and if I was honest to myself, my marriage was loveless )
    So , 1 year on, in a job I love ( out of teaching), a very very close relationship with my boys, 3 different interests !
    Ok I'm a single Mum , but can think of so many postives a year on. This time last year I thought the bottom of my world had dropped out, i wondered how on earth I was going to manage....
    I can sit here and think of what I have achieved !! My motto now is "how hard can it be" !
    Just wanted to give others some hope if the bottom of your world has recently dropped out......
    Freya

2. Well done you. You've proved that you can come through a hard time stronger and better off. What job are you doing now?

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Congratulations on the brave steps that you have taken this year. Lovely to hear that it is all working out so well.
    It sounds as if you are ready to cope with everything life throws at you.
    Totally different reasons, and it took me longer, but I have managed to turn things around from rock bottom in the past. I agree that you come out feeling stronger and more appreciative of the good things that you have.

4. I now work within Education Welfare working with Traveller children - love it !

5. wow your post will be inspiring to many as - speaking from experience with my best friend - a break up is world ending and you have done amazingly in 1 year.

My friend and her husband have now split up after a "lets try again" but that only lasted 3 months so I am now helping her with the end of her world. I will show her you post.

6. I haven't hit the one year mark yet but already things are much better for me now than they were... 9 months ago my marriage ended and I was unemployed.

Now I have a new future mapped out. Totally scary but exciting and more importantly all my choice! It does get better.

7. It has been far from easy, a lot of heartache, a lot of tears away from my children but I am now in so much a better place! Ok my children don't have their father but they have me!!
    I am very lucky having an amazing sister and 2 very close friends who have been such support.
    As for the future - who knows what it will be bring.........

8. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Brilliant! Onwards and upwards ff392!
    I often read the posts on here from those whose marriage/relationship has broken down and feel for them. So good to get the update!

9. Keep them coming as I am telling my best friend there is light at the end of the tunnel but she doesnt believe me.

10. Lalad

Lalad Lead commenter

You are doing brilliantly ff - it's taking me a bit longer, but posts like this definitely help!
    Lalad

11. Lalad , I hope things are looking better for you , would never want anyone to go through this, but know the "experience" has bought many good things!

I miss my soon to be ex , purely for the history we had together with our children, but don't miss the person he turned out to be !

Take care