1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One Year Later!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by barmyarmy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. vomitingvera

vomitingvera New commenter

After the worst year of my life with work related stress and depression, I have now been back at work for almost a term and everything is great, the main cause of my issues is no longer there and I am even off the antidepressants!

For other people out there with similar issues, there can be a light at the end of the tunnel - even if it takes a while to get to find it!

2. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Well done, you! It's good to hear a story with a happy ending.

3. azzie

azzie New commenter

Thanks for sharing, from the other end of the tunnel sometimes it's difficult to see the light :)

4. Nikkibell811

Nikkibell811 New commenter

Hi barmy and azzie

You have both been posting throughout the time I have been logging on whilst off work with stress. You and others have been a comfort to me knowing I am not the only one struggling.

I too have been back at work - half a term now. I'm happy to be leaving my current school next week as they were the root of the problem. But I have enjoyed being back in the classroom and I'm looking forward to semi retirement and regular supply at a different school in September.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. Back in January I would not have thought it possible that I would be teaching with confidence again now.

5. Good to hear when people recover. It's just sad that work stress is on the rise.