1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One year alternative to GCSE

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by iku00106, Nov 6, 2018.

1. iku00106

iku00106 New commenter

Hi,

I would be very grateful if anyone could suggest a course suitable to be completed in one year? I have a group of students who choosing 4 GCSE options normally results in one being dropped in year 11, i would really like to offer something different to these students in year 10 and then offer guided study sessions in year 11 to support with the upcoming final exams.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

2. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Hi iku.
    This part of the forum is mainly for sorting out technical difficulties in working the forum itself. You would be better off posting your question in the subject specific part of forum that may be closest to your subject. However, as your question seems quite general, a good place to go could be "personal". where almost anything is discussed and has the most traffic. Be prepared for silly answers and sometimes downright aggressive answers but you can always ignore those.
    All the best

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Some subjects (e.g. RE) still offer short-course GCSEs: have a look on exam board websites

4. NIHistoryTeacher

NIHistoryTeacher New commenter

OCN courses. Easy and can be delivered by remote control.