1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One to one tuition rates of pay

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by cleobud, Jul 15, 2010.

1. cleobud

cleobud New commenter

I don't know about during school time as that would be per your payscale but if the tuition is outside of school hours then it's £25 per hour.

2. Tuition outside the school day is at £25 per hour (£25.56 from Sept '10). For each pupil tutored the tutor should be paid 10 hours tuition time and a further 2 hours planning, preparation and liasion time.
    The school recieves funding at the rate of £25 per hour for 12 hours plus 34 per hour on costs and £20 per pupil to cover admin costs.
    If the tuition is in the school day then the tutor must be paid at their scale rate. DfE calculate this as annual salary at MPS6, divided by 195 days, divided by 6.5 hours directed time. This totals out to an hourly rate (including on costs) of £29.92. It will go up in September to £30.61!
    Hope this is of some interest.

3. hi blackdog, that's really useful info to know. Could I ask please if that's written down anywhere - so that I can quote it in order to get the correct pay!
    many thanks

4. phatsals

phatsals Occasional commenter

I think funding for this programme may be about to run out. The money was allocated on a Financial year basis, not an Academic one. I've just had an offer for Sept withdrawn because the funding has run out.

5. DM

DM New commenter

Not the case in my LEA. We have just been told we will be allocated four times as much money next year for 1-2-1.

6. The money is safe for 2010/11 and ringfenced
    The rate of pay is different for inner and outer London

7. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

Does anyone know the rate of 1-1 tuition pay for inner london?

8. thank you downandnearlyout, very useful.

I have been told too that funding is there for 2010-11, but nobody seems to know what's happening after that. Seems a shame to build this up so much to then abandon it, but that just seems to be how these things go.

9. A retired teacher whose final pay scale was UPS3 is being paid MPS6 as a 1:1 tutor during the school day. Is anybody else finding that they are not being paid their entitled rate?