1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One to One Tuition Payment

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by decj, Dec 8, 2011.

1. decj

decj New commenter

Can anybody tell me what the current hourly rate for doing 1-2-1 tuition is, please?
    Many thanks.

2. decj

decj New commenter

Can anybody tell me what the current hourly rate for doing 1-2-1 tuition is, please?
    Many thanks.

3. DeborahCarol

DeborahCarol New commenter

If you mean the Government One to One scheme, it's £25 out of school hours and something else within school hours, but...I work within school hours and when looked at my pay slip looked as if I was getting about £25 ph (I'm top of main scale). You can also claim for two hours' planning per ten hours with a student.

4. I think it depends in what area you live and what subject you teach. I think most people will charge between 15-20 pounds per hour in the south, I don't know if it's different in the north. That's for subjects ranging from languages to support with Maths, Sciences and other school subjects. I believe music teachers charge more, I had a friend who charged about 20-25 pounds ofr 30 minutes.

5. decj

decj New commenter

Thanks. I know the scheme is now funded differently but I thought it had gone up to £28. Couldn't find anything online about it though.