1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One to One - I love it!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Laughed, obviously. Such a great English teacher, me!

2. I just assumed that you had no "e"
    [​IMG]

3. You are so kind! I have no paragraphs either on Chrome and the instructions to rectify the matter were so complicated (to me) that I have given up. Such an irony as I spend a part of each lesson impressing the need to paragraph correctly including indentation!

4. lol - whereas my one to one lad is working on cvc words...cat...mat and apparently he is desperate to spell forlornly (for an as yet unspecified reason)

5. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

That's very funny, how did you manage not to laugh in your session?
    I only teach maths one to one and would love to find an excuse to play scrabble! Bubble multiples is about as exciting as it gets.
    (Just as an aside on the chrome issue - type without the spaces whenever you want to start a new paragraph. Works for safari too.)

6. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Haha, sorry it started a new paragraph, clearly works even with spaces. It's a p inside the pointy brackets <

7. Thanks, cinnamonsquare - am following your advice in this post. Apologies to all if I still can't manage paras. \today\; same child aged 11. We are playing an alliteration game. He draws 'P'. 'Sorry, I only know rude words beginning with P,' he mumbles.

8. Didn't work and I have lost the rest of the post!!

9. I am thinking poo, pee, ****, penis etc.'Try me,' I say, 'If you can say the word in front of your grandma, it will be OK. He blushes and mutters 'Paediatrician.' 'Brilliant word,' I reassure him. 'But they look at children's bums,' he says, blushing madly. ' Yes, if there is something wrong, but the doctors will look at their throats or limbs or anywhere,' I gush. Light dawns as the even redder boy realises that paedophile was the word he was thinking of!