1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One Step Face Base

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BASILIUS, Aug 21, 2012.

1. OK, I am somewhat ashamed to be starting such a girly thread, but am desperate!
    I have been using Virgin Vie 'One Step Face Base' for years now as a foundation - it is very quick and easy, I don't need a powder on top and it isn't like wearing an oil slick. I need a foundation that I can put on in a few strokes, one that doesn't require a powder on top and one that isn't too thick and 'claggy' (Yorkshire word?)
    Virgin Vie, however, seem to have gone into liquidation and I can't get OSFB anymore - does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

2. Lol.

3. Try something in the Polyfilla range?

4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

estee lauder doublewear, or illamasqua skinbase. both really good. the doublewear comes in a lightweight version, too.

5. The Body Shop liquid foundations have a lot of coverage. No need for powder, definitely, but could be classed as quite thick by some people. As I suffer from adult acne, I like the thickness though!!!

6. I like Clinique repairwear, good coverage but light.
    Can anyone recommend a smudgeproof eye liner pencil please?

7. Can I ask why no powder? Powder helps set your foundation and keeps shine at bay....by using a separate foundation and powder you might find your makeup lasts longer and looks smoother and feels more lightweight. Of course is your allergice or something that's different but the nosy person in me wondered why powder?
    For the person looking for smudge free eye liner- Im usually a liquid girl but I did snap up some MAC eyeliners in different bright colours for summer and so far smudge free. Hope that helps

8. Was in the same situation myself a few months ago. I tried a boots version and absolutely hated it - my skin felt greasy, people thought i was ill. I then tried the Bodyshop all in one face base (as i hate those liquid to powder bases) and I get on really well with it. Hope this helps.

9. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

If you are already sun-kissed, you may get away with a lighter look. I like the Garnier BB cream, which is a tinted foundation.

10. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

By Terry expert touch from Space NK.

11. Thank you Sparky!

12. derekdalek

derekdalek New commenter

I love Maybelline Mousse foundation. Its really light but has good coverage and you dont really need powder, though I do wear transluscent myself.
    Plus its quite cheap at around £6.

13. snail_friendly

snail_friendly Occasional commenter

eBay is an excellent place to buy 'old-lines' my favourite Urban Decsy eyeshadows all ended about a year ago but I can still get them (brand new of course) on eBay!

14. Thanks everyone! I think I'll try the Body Shop one first as a few people have suggested it.

15. If you loved virgin vie one step face base you will have missed it sooo much, i am glad to tell you it is now back it is now been made by lov skincare and cosmetics and i am stocking it so if you wish to no more please contact me paul@dawson1070.fsnet.co.uk 07940567894
    some of its other products will be available too let me know which ones you would like to see back ????

16. If you loved virgin vie one step face base you will have missed it sooo much, i am glad to tell you it is now back it is now been made by lov skincare and cosmetics and i am stocking it so if you wish to no more please contact me paul@dawson1070.fsnet.co.uk 07940567894 some of its other products will be available too let me know which ones you would like to see back ????