1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One paragraph to go and I can't get it right. Argh!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by chuckles76, Oct 19, 2011.

1. I need to vent: I'm trying to finish yet another application and I'm stuck on one paragraph of my supporting statement. I've been trying to right it all day but I just can't seem to get it right. Argh!
    (PS I accidentally posted the unedited version in the unemployed forum and don't know how to delete - sorry)

2. Apologies for the duplicate thread too - I thought my first one hadn't worked!

3. Stop staring at it! Go away, watch Hollyoaks, forget about it completely. Then when you go back to it, read it again from the beginning, imagining you're the shortlister - and I bet the final paragraph will just flow. x

4. I'd been trying to do that all day but it didn't seem to be working. I'd actually done 90% of it yesterday but there were 2 paragraphs I was stuck on so I left them until today. I'd eventually managed to do one but was still really struggling with the other. I managed to finish it earlier and have been out to the pub 'to celebrate'. [​IMG]