1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One off music lesson

Discussion in 'Music' started by mr_free_sat, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Hi there, next week is my last week of teaching practice on my PGCE. Im going to be teaching a one off music lesson and would like to make it as fun as possible for pupils in years 3 - 4.
    The lesson will involve pupils working in groups to create a piece of music which I will video and then playback tp pupils and give 2 stars and a wish.
    What kind of themes could I use? I want to use something that they will enjoy, any ideas would be welcome!

Thanks

2. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

What equipment do you plan to use? Do you want them to sing?

3. the class are mostly boys and would not enjoy singing. There are around 12 pupils in the class. I have access to many small percussion instruments and have about 6 keyboards

4. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

Do you have the book 3 Singing pigs? There is a great story about pirates journeying to a treasure island. There are 4 sections to create their own music - coconut grove, waterfall, jungle, stormy mountain , all linked to the story. If you don't have access to that book you could easily make up something similar yourself.