1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One off literacy observation Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by badgered, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hello all. Right....I am being observed next week for a one off literacy lesson with my year 6 class. The focus is looking at challenging the G and T children in my class. I want to do something the children will get excited about. Most definitely some creative writing. I would like to use something visual to inspire them, as they are mainly quite visual learners. Has anyone used a film clip or story opener that has lent itself well to this recently? Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated! THANKS!

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I have used this:

www.pocketmovies.net/download/hoverbike

with my Year 6 class.

I believe there are some writing resources to go with it on Primary resources too.

3. I've used hoverbike and there is a lot of scope for all abilities you could also try Chaperon rouge - a rather scary version of red riding hood - the description and imagery in that is great.
    You could also try - open door a short film with a twist - ghost story that isn't

Have used quite a few short films which you can get from you tube or other film sites the kids really respond - if you don't want a film try poem - Deserted house or book Night of the gargoyles - year 6 love these

good luck with the observation