1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One off Art lesson - year 5, any good ideas anyone??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by IFF, May 12, 2009.

1. IFF

IFF New commenter

?? Could link it into subjects...they are studying life after world war 2...or just any one off ideas would be great.

Thanks!

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

What ideas have you thought of so far?

3. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

Kadinsky circles. http://www.globalgallery.net/enlarge/41343/ How could you represent different aspects of your personality/emotions using concentric circles? Any media. Paint takes longer. Oil pastels are easy and nice. Use lots of squares of paper (different colours/types) and let the kids experiment - they can do as many as they can in the time and then arrange in a rectangle.

4. IFF

IFF New commenter

Anyone? Was thinking of getting them to use pastels, or charcoal but not sure exactly what!

5. Joi

Joi New commenter

Tell you what, IFF, people are less likely to help you if you
    1. Don't show any evidence of thinking for yourself
    2. Can't be bothered to thank someone who has replied

6. IFF

IFF New commenter

Thank you Cariad2 and Tiffster. I usually do always thank anyone who has helped me, I wrote my comment on and didn't see your comments at that point, don't think they had been registered until later. Plus not been able to go on here in a while. Thank you again, will use these ideas in he future as I am trying to build up a bank of art ideas.
    Joi, I ended up delivereing an excellent lesson using charcoal and linked it to WW2 - my own ideas. You clearly don't have anything better to do with your time. I had thought of other ideas but decided to ask for some help too, I assumed that's what this forum was for.

7. I don't have anything connected to WW2 but I have an art challenge which my kids did last year and will be doing next week!! They have to produce art work in the style of a famous artist as well as some other tasks.
    Let me know if it might be of use

8. IFF

IFF New commenter

Oh cheers Pumpkin Pie. I actually had a resource similar to this which was given to me when I did supply a while back but the stick that it was saved on no longer works (long story!).
    I have already done the lesson but if you could send me the resource that would be great to use in the future. I am trying to incorporate more art into my lessons.
    My email address is missfiftyfifty@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!
    xx

9. IFF

IFF New commenter

Oh I have just found that resource on another stick! Didn't realise I had backed it up. If you would like it Pumpkin pie I can send you it, you maybe be able to add to your resource?

10. That would be great - thanks.

I'll email you now

11. Hi IFF and Pumpkin pie, I have a one off art lesson tomorrow, if you could email me your resources to help me come up with some ideas that would be great. mubarak_1@hotmail.com

I have only just started my search and have no ideas yet, but if i find anything useful ill post it too!

thanks