1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One in the eye for House M.D.

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by dominant_tonic, Nov 6, 2015.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

It's lupus. Well, test says so, sometimes a false positive, so as long as test comes back next week the same, I have a diagnosis! After two years of being told that it's all in my mind/I need to put it behind me/I should do yoga or meditation or mindfulness/I should be on anti depressants, all by my bleeping marvellous GPs, I may finally have an answer.

Rheumatologist said sometimes get false positives, but there are tiers of positivity to this test, and mine was strong, and the false positives are usually on weaker ones. So looks like after two years and a bit, I finally know what's going on. Will update when I get test result (which, knowing me will be negative now :)), but just wanted to post because I have come on here and whinged an awful lot over the past few years, and people have been fab, so I wanted to say thank you :)

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

It can be a relief to finally get a diagnosis even if the news isn't brilliant - at least you know what you're dealing with now.

3. dominant_tonic

Yep. Am hoping it sticks. Gives me validation for the past few years, when at times I have thought I was losing my mind. Will be nice to know I am not - thought some would stay that's still up for debate ;-) It's a potentially **** diagnosis, but so much better than MND or other various things I have been tested for, so I will take the cards and say thank you :)

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

You can take control and move forward, now. All the best.

5. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Oh Dom ton I've missed all this. Best wishes for you though

6. FigmentOYI

FigmentOYI Lead commenter

That's brilliant news Dom - obviously not the lupus but to finally have a diagnosis (hopefully - fingers crossed). Now you can move forward planning your care and trying to keep as healthy as possible x

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I was wondering how you were, but didn't like to ask.
    At last, a name for all the symptoms. xx

8. dominant_tonic

Thanks all. I am in flipping agony today so hoping that this reduces the chance of the test coming back negative if the disease is active right now - which it certainly feels to be! Really really want this confirmed, so I know I am not losing the plot. It will be so nice to ring the doctors for painkillers and to get them rather than being told to ignore it and the brain will reset and the pain will go away!

Thank you dunteachin, lizziescat, foyi, and rosievoice. Everything crossed for confirmation this week.