1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One head's challenge to Nicky Morgan: 'Take the new Sats...

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Feb 11, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

Yes she should, most definitely. It would be a fantastic opportunity for her to gain valuable insight into part of her jurisdiction.

3. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

Yoda- and RedQuilt like this.
  4. amberkil74

amberkil74 New commenter

Nicky Morgan is nothing but a figure head for a department that has no understanding of how a child develops. The unnecessary pressure she is placing on children and erosion of family life as a result of trying to complete enormous amounts of homework is a form of child abuse. I also bieve she is contravening the convention of a child's rights, eg to access play opportunities etc. Anyone want to help me take the government to court?

5. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

The more that I see of the actions of this Government the more I am inclined to the view that they have no concept of "consequences". Not just in Education but in everything that they do.

6. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

What does Nicky Morgan do?

Perhaps she's still sorting out the work load issue? As if...

Would she do some maths? She said no before.

Prospective Prime Minister? In her dreams and my nightmares.

Nicky-Morgan.jpg

7. yipeeee4

yipeeee4 New commenter

Nothing useful to contribute, just the fact that she looks so much like Clare Balding in a wig. We'll know wor sure if horse-racing becomes a statutory requirement in PE.

8. yipeeee4

yipeeee4 New commenter

Actually, that might be what she does i.e. be Clare Balding. All this education stuff is just Clare playing at being in politics. Which would explain why she (Nicky) appears to know very little about education...