1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One for the ladies ... Facial Scrubs...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TEACHER16, Apr 21, 2012.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Does anyone use a facial scrub and which ones do you recommend?

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Does anyone use a facial scrub and which ones do you recommend?

3. Anything by Arbonne skin care.
    If you would like a link to it PM me x

4. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I really like the 7 Day Scrub by Clinique, but if you really want to push the boat out, try 'Breakfast Smoothie' by Temple Spa. I'll admit to recently indulging myself by puchasing their cleanser, toner and moisuriser and you get a masque/exfoliator as a freebie when you buy a starter pack (you get puchase a starter pack as many times as you like) and I absolutely love it. It's expensive, but I've decided that my skin is worth the investment and after suffering with adult acne for years and year - to the point of using accutane etc - my skin is now in the best condition ever after using these products.
    Drawbacks: it's expensive and you cannot purchase it in shops, only online or via a consultant (luckily, the girl who runs the beauty salon at my gym uses and order these products).
    Their website:
    http://www.templespa.com/
    The scrub I use:
    http://www.templespa.com/skin-care/scrubs-skin-care/BREAKFAST-SMOOTHIE

5. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I'll also add that your products come delivered in a lovely arrangement with tissue paper and a couple of chocolates included. Yummmm!

6. Oh no! I never buy them.
    Oatmeal scrubs are quick and easy and you can change them to match your faces current foibles. That and you don' thave to buy anything extra (assuming you like eating porridge).
    Oatmeal and water
    Grapefruit and oatmeal, a little astringent
    Oatmeal and bicarb, weird but really smoothing
    With honey to moisturise or a wholeheap of different fruits or even cream cheese.

There are lots of recipes online. Lots of them double up as bath soaks too!

7. I use No7 exfoliating scrub after cleanser, but my favourite is Elemis skin buff. The grains are small and I don't feel 'overscrubbed' with that. You can get small tubes on ebay for quite a reasonable price.

8. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I'd imagined this thread was related in someway to some of the **** videos I've seen. It's not though, is it,... or is it?

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

The St Ives apricot ones are the only ones scrubby enough for me!

10. Liz Earle is lovely and gentle. But I liked the oatmeal recipes! Oatmeal and yoghurt would be good too.

11. I use Elemis Papaya Enzyme peel, it is pricey but you only need a little. You use it as a mask but it has an exfoliating effect without the grainy bits! (I have very sensitive skin and go red like a beetroot if i use a scrub!)

12. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I don't tend to spend much on toiletries (compared to my make-up expenditure anyway!), so would normally buy a cheap Boots facial scrub.
    The suggestions here do sound lovely though. I probably should buy a good scrub as I often fall asleep with my make-up on [​IMG], so my skin doesn't feel as smooth as it should.

13. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I use a Soap and Glory one from Boots.

14. lunarita

lunarita Established commenter

Depending on my mood and my finances, either Clarins one-step gentle exfoliator (a very pretty apricot colour) or Lush Angels on bare skin (looks a bit yukky but smells nice, a bit lavender-y, but notin a old lady way, makes me feel nice and relaxed before sleep)

15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The St Ives apricot one leaves my skin feeling lovely and clean.

16. Horrible stuff - should be banned. [​IMG]

17. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I use water!
    Don't use anything new until the first day of the summer hols in case you have a reaction

18. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Me too and it's really cheap to buy.

19. Not a scrub as such, but I can recommend No. 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser.
    It leaves your skin feeling absolutely wonderful.