1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One door closes, another opens

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kittyhime, Mar 13, 2012.

1. So I went to an interview yesterday and I don't think anything went well with it, my nerves just came through too strong. I went from in a previous interview where I didn't say enough to one where I said way too much. Needless to say I didn't impress and wasn't offered the position, but, strangely enough, none of the other candidates were offered the position either.
    However, I got home and discovered that I'd been accepted for a temporary position at hmrc. I guess it's goodbye to supply teaching for a little while.
    It was a bit of a mixed day to say the least.

2. So I went to an interview yesterday and I don't think anything went well with it, my nerves just came through too strong. I went from in a previous interview where I didn't say enough to one where I said way too much. Needless to say I didn't impress and wasn't offered the position, but, strangely enough, none of the other candidates were offered the position either.
    However, I got home and discovered that I'd been accepted for a temporary position at hmrc. I guess it's goodbye to supply teaching for a little while.
    It was a bit of a mixed day to say the least.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, mixed feelings there Kittyhime.
    I remember years back when they didn't appoint at an interview and I found that almost more difficult than being beaten by someone better-it seemed as if all of us weren't any good!
    Off to work for HMRC are you. We'll have to watch out then.
    So it's
    [​IMG] on one hand and
    [​IMG] on the other, as the job isn't a teaching post.

4. In a way it made me feel a little better that no one got offered the position as I think that reflects more on the school than the candidates.
    And, as an RE teacher I can't help but feel more than a little odd that I'm going to be working (albeit temporarily) in a tax office... Although I'm also happy about a full-time job and the lovely flowers :D