1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One day to go.... stuck for ideas! Y5

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cyfoster, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Monday is the last full day in school and we break for the summer at 1:30pm on Tuesday.

The head is not allowing a DVD treat and I am stuck for ideas. All the books have gone home and I am definitely not doing any lessons!

The children are bringing in a board game (sshh... don't tell the head).... BUT I NEED A BACK UP.

Anyone any simple ideas?

Fankoo....

2. Monday is the last full day in school and we break for the summer at 1:30pm on Tuesday.

The head is not allowing a DVD treat and I am stuck for ideas. All the books have gone home and I am definitely not doing any lessons!

The children are bringing in a board game (sshh... don't tell the head).... BUT I NEED A BACK UP.

Anyone any simple ideas?

Fankoo....

3. Hello
    Why dont you split the class up and do class games?? ie stop the bus or anything along that line? Place where they can sit and chat as kids love doing that as well is always good!
    [​IMG]

4. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

Have them design their own board games,with a particular theme that fits into something you have been doing, so will stand up to scrutiny if you are asked to justify yourself.
    My y4s have made board games to show what they have learned about life in Tudor times. My colleagues y5s made maths based ones. They designed them, made them, then played each others and gave feedback.

5. I did this a couple of weeks back with a year 3/4 class. We did it based on the London Olympics. The kids had a great time and really enjoyed them to!