1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One call insurance

Discussion in 'Personal' started by zee-bra, Aug 11, 2011.

1. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

Has anyone heard or use 'One call insurance'. Their quote is very good value and although not quite the cheapest it includes everything so does work out cheaper overall. The trouble is you dont find out what they are like till after an accident so a bit late to find out that they are rubbish! Has anyone heard of them-good or bad please?!

2. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

Has anyone heard or use 'One call insurance'. Their quote is very good value and although not quite the cheapest it includes everything so does work out cheaper overall. The trouble is you dont find out what they are like till after an accident so a bit late to find out that they are rubbish! Has anyone heard of them-good or bad please?!

3. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/car-insurance/one-call-direct/reviews/141/
    Doesn't look too promising. I don't have experience of them myself, but judging by the reviews I'd tread carefully.
    Also I'm a little confused because on their website they say they are a broker. Does that mean you have a quote from them for a different company? But having said that the reviews are for their insurance. strange. Just a cursory glance at the website, probably would become clearer if I had energy to read it.
    Good luck with the dreaded insurance renewal. ;-)

4. zee-bra

zee-bra New commenter

Thank you. They are quite bad reviews really! Decided to go with someone else, slightly more expensive but worth it for peace of mind.

5. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Good. I'm glad you did. I had a really bad experience with red star inurance after I crashed my car in a country lane- head-on around a corner, nowhere to go, no fault. But they were a nightmare, from lost paperwork on crash and claim, to courtesy car trouble etc. Red star always come out the cheapest, but never again would I go with them just for the sake of a couple quid. 3 months from crash to getting my repaired car back to the wrong address! Oh and two months before my clutch went! Glad you decided on a better quote.
    Hope your works out! xx