1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

One-Act Plays needed for IGCSE class with gender imbalance

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by zshtogren, Feb 5, 2012.

1. I have 7 girls and 1 guy and we are moving into group performances. I'm in great need of some one-act plays, no longer than 30 minutes, to assign for performance. They are comfortable with playing guys and vice versa, but if the roles are really gender-specific, it's not going to work. I'm at an international school and it's tough to order hard copies. Anything available online is best. thanks!

2. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter

Hello

Here is a play I wrote which is perfect for your cast. ALthough the play is written for 6 people there are actually 8 characters. Have a look. It's written for GCSE standard and has been a proven performance success. Here is a link. It's on resources4drama and called Afterlife. It's approx 30 minutes in length.

http://www.resources4drama.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=111&category_id=9&manufacturer_id=22&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=7

3. matthewcoe

matthewcoe New commenter

Actor 1 needs to be Male for your cast. The rest of the parts can be shared by the 7 girls. Any questions you have about it let me know.