1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On UP3 Interview for a post with TLR 2 can I ask for reduced pay?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by dbn, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dbn

dbn New commenter

Hello,
    I am an experienced teacher, still enjoying teaching and have been looking for permanent positions. I got my first 4 jobs easily and after children did maternity covers and part time contracts with supply. I have kept up with professional development but am struggling to get a permanent contract now. I am being shortlisted to the last 2 at interviews, each time losing out to a teacher with 2 - 5 years experience. I have an interview coming up for a TLR2 post but I am already UP3 so know I am expensive. Can I ask the Head to consider a reduction in salary or no TLR 2? Any other tips to help me, an enthusiastic teacher get a job?
    Thank you.

2. dbn

dbn New commenter

Hello,
    I am an experienced teacher, still enjoying teaching and have been looking for permanent positions. I got my first 4 jobs easily and after children did maternity covers and part time contracts with supply. I have kept up with professional development but am struggling to get a permanent contract now. I am being shortlisted to the last 2 at interviews, each time losing out to a teacher with 2 - 5 years experience. I have an interview coming up for a TLR2 post but I am already UP3 so know I am expensive. Can I ask the Head to consider a reduction in salary or no TLR 2? Any other tips to help me, an enthusiastic teacher get a job?
    Thank you.

3. R13

R13 New commenter

Your application would have made it clear how 'expensive' you are - so why do you think you are nearly getting the post if you think you are being turned away for financial reasons?