1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

“On track”

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sarahlat89, Dec 2, 2018.

1. sarahlat89

sarahlat89 New commenter

Reception class teacher here, wanting other teachers opinions of what “on track” is for each term in the year. I’ve always considered 40-60 beginning to be where children “should” be at when they come to me in September, and they’d be considered “on track”. At Xmas I consider on track to be 40-60 developing, spring 40-60 secure, then by summer ELG secure. Is this the same as your settings?

I have a new headteacher this year who considers 40-60 beginning to be on track for gld for this time of year. This makes our percentage of children “on track” for gld higher, which is obviously a positive, but I’ve just never done it that way before. What do you consider on track at each term of the year? Does this sound right?

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Just keep teaching towards the ELG for the end of the year and worry not about what on track means or doesn't mean now. Do the best you can for each pupil and keep going.

bajan likes this.
  3. sarahlat89

sarahlat89 New commenter

I completely agree but HT pressuring us for data and percentages of children on track for GLD in reading writing and maths!

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Then use the levels she thinks are best.

jomaimai likes this.