1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On the wagon for Lent...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Crowbob, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

...but craving junk food. I decided (not for the baby Jesus) to abstain from the demon drink for a while and give my poor liver the chance to recover.
    However, I am now stuffing so much **** food into my fat face I can't see my choice to abstain is going to have health benefits. Is it normal to become so orally fixated when going on the wagon (or does it suggest that the drink has become an addiction)?
    Also, which is likely to be more harmful to my health? A few glasses of wine a night or 4 Mars Bars a day? [​IMG]

2. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

The mars bars are full of saturated fat and sugar so not good. However, how many UNITS do you have per night?

If you must fill your face with food can you not eat raw carrots? [​IMG]

3. I might as well be on the wagon for all the measly amount of wine I can make my Weightwatchers points stretch to (two large glasses once a week since you ask) and am managing to avoid stuffing my face as compensation.
    So yes, you're on your own!
    [Raw carrots. Yum yum. [​IMG]]

4. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

But they're sooo delicious, lily! [​IMG]

5. inq

inq

Keep Mars bars in freezer and eat tiny thin slices at a time - I struggle to eat a whole frozen mars bar that way you shouldn't go through 4 in a night, or don't buy any when you go shopping then you can't eat them.
    I'm sure your liver is appreciating the break. If not drinking is that important find an alcohol free alternative - they do alcohol free beers and wines or find a soft drink you don't mind that you can continue drinking over Lent - I've given up Facebook for Lent and now spend hours on here!!!