1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On Site/In Person SEN Course?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by elyelisaely, Feb 18, 2017.

1. elyelisaely

elyelisaely New commenter

Dear All,

I’m writing you as I’m desperately looking for a valid course on SEN and in particular on Dyslexia, Autism and ADHD dysorder. I’ve already took several online courses but I’d like to have the possibility to take an on-site course to have the possibility to be followed better, to learn more and share information and experiences.

Following a course will allow me to support better students, parents and teachers too.

So…Have you got any suggestion on an onsite SEN Course in UK or in Europe?

Looking forward to receiving an answer…

2. acthell

acthell New commenter

Do you want to pay? I've been on a DCSF funded one today to improve understanding and cascade at school... google - trainthetrainer SPLD. There are 3 more upcoming dates and if you don't want to go on it at Imperial or can't be released or not allowed to due to work commitments... there are webinars to do online.

If you're looking for something more like an MA .. they are costly but worthwhile. I'd take a look at realtraining who are validated by Middlesex University.

if you work for an LEA school and are in SEN you may find they have a working relationship with a university ... my LEA's working relationship was with Cambridge in the past but now is with Hertfordshire. You obviously have to get supported by your HEAD and LEA though

3. JulesDaulby

JulesDaulby Occasional commenter

Try Real Training or OCR Level 5 - Teaching students with specific learning difficulties (dyslexia).

Helen Arkell also run courses as do the British Dyslexia Association and Dyslexia Action.