Dear all, I've been working at the same school for over three years (on long term supply), but have not yet gone over to contract despite being offered one two years ago. (It's complex! In short, I dithered for quite a while, and then waited 9 months to get cleared on a CRB). I have been teaching for 12 years and this is a lovely school - indeed, the best I have ever worked in.) I have spoken to my regional union officer who has advised me to 'sign' before we move over to an academy (next Easter), otherwise expect a huge pay cut. )-: I subsequently spoke to the head about this and she told me that I will not get a cut in pay when we become an academy. The thing is, I like the way things are. I'm very nervous about going onto contract because what I do, I do because I want to, not because I have to, and for this reason I have not (historically) been interested in going onto contract or moving up the pay scale. In short, I can't see any benefit to me moving onto a permanent contract at the moment. I would be more inclined to sign a contract if I could further my own CPD - if the school would would agree - but I don't know what's available these days. I was, for example, quite interested in doing an AST course, but it's no longer available. Quite frankly, I don't know what to do with myself. I don't want to be a HOD or a head of KS, so I am at a loss of where to go from here. Any advice welcomed.