1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On-line pupil reports software

Discussion in 'Education news' started by mark999, Nov 6, 2019.

1. mark999

mark999 New commenter

Does anybody have any experience of reporting software?

I don't mean report generators, I mean software that allows you to record reports and assessment and photographs online for parents to view, eg, like Earwig, to replace annual reports.

2. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Senior commenter

My experience of on-line anything in any school is that it can never be relied on to work consistantly

blazer likes this.
  3. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Your MIS should be able to do this. Using the MIS means data integrity is better assured, only one supplier to deal with. When I was a trainer for one company I was often surprised by the way schools would buy an additional product instead of using what they already had.

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

School I was in used "Go".
    Trouble was that a lot of parents didn't open them.
    Other trouble was the reports didn't say much (probably why parents didn't open them)

5. Lalex123

Lalex123 Occasional commenter

We used doddle. It was never used to its full capacity and therefore ended up being ignored.

6. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

FE workers had our fingers burnt with a program called Reflect. It was supposed to log our CPD but took some considerable and frustrating time to figure out how it worked and even what it did. I remember people being so relieved when I showed them that it was nothing more than could be done with Word.

Never again falling for anything other than Office or similar, written by professionals for proper administration.

7. aypi

aypi Established commenter

I mis-read the orignal title. Perhaps it was wishful thinking.
    I thought it was:
    "One line pupil reports software."