1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On line games

Discussion in 'Personal' started by annehathaway100, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Is this a joke post?

2. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I have heard 'world of warcraft' is involving
    but other people will be able to advise you better

3. There are loads of games on Facebook. FarmVille has gone 3d apparently.

4. Henriette, I've become addicted to Solitaire and Freecell this week! I thought I was the only saddo, haha.

5. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

It's pretty dull unless you play the Vegas option.

6. I see no Vegas option! Never mind, I'm more into Freecell anyway.

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

Freecell is easy, you can virtually always win once you know how to play it. With Solitaire, go to Games/Options and select Vegas, then click on the cumulative score thing. It keeps track of how much you've won or lost.
    Sad as it is, I often play this when I'm listening to the wireless over the Internet. It's the only thing I can multitask at successfully. If I try to read TES while I'm listening to the wireless, I lose track of the programme.

8. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

To OP

Plants v Zombies!!! You can buy it cheap to install or play online here.

And to whoever asked if it was a joke - a year or two ago I had a horrible stressful time, given to tears, sleepless etc. I couldn't concentrate on books or films but stupid computer games kept me distracted. It may sound daft but I throroughly recommend it for stress alleviation - for taking your mind off things you're obsessing about.

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

yep
    waiting for test results, invaluable.

10. At the risk of giving too much info (and no, I'm not looking for sympathy) I lost my job very recently, and in light of this I agree with Lunarita.

11. henriette

henriette New commenter