1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On entry assessment to Reception

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by deputylakeside, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Children arrive from numerous settings into our EYFS. We need to look at the way we assess children on entry [some data received not secure]. Could anyone please help me?

2. Children arrive from numerous settings into our EYFS. We need to look at the way we assess children on entry [some data received not secure]. Could anyone please help me?

3. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

I have the same problem,some children come with nothing ,others have achieved nearly all the learning goals!
    I use the on entry booklet that is in the resources section,over the first 2 weeks as the children settle in I use this information to help me assess where the children are and how then to plan for the class and individuals.

4. Last Ofsted were very hot on how we knew what they could do on entry - very difficult - and probably different now anyway!
    I now use Development Matters sheet and highlight as I observe in first 2 weeks - have also taken these to visit different settings in Summer term - highlight things that their previous keyworker tells me about child.

Just general Cont Prov activities in first 2 weeks so that you get an idea of what they can do independently - all adults contribute to look listen and note obs. We also still use PIPs, long winded but does give you a baseline.

Tricia