1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

on being productive

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by iGCSE101, Mar 27, 2018.

1. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

So, this time last year I had a big aim. I as going to make 50+ resources breaking down the iGCSE (0653 Combined International Cambridge) I was full of plans and then as always work got in the way. All consuming work! I was looking for tips on being productive so I can achieve my aim. So all you authors out there- how do you do it? How do you make share worthy resources while working full time. So for example using the same template is a good tip - any others I can learn from? Thanks in advance for any helpful tips :)

2. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

I work on resources at the weekends and in the holidays. Not as much as I used to (not quite as motivated at the moment due to poor growth on Tes). I have to have an idea, though, or a big project. Can't just sit at the PC and wait for inspiration!!! Definitely need to plan in advance and make sure you know where you're going with a project or you will spend hours going back and making changes that you should have foreseen - learnt this one through experience.

iGCSE101 likes this.
  3. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Thanks - yes, I do have an idea of what I want to create - but I think better planning is a good idea. Or perhaps I could schedule some time in my schedule that is for making resources and that way at least I have the time blocked out. thanks for feedback

4. ClassroomChemist

ClassroomChemist New commenter

I aim for one resource per week (i use tes info on what is popular in the upcoming month and what I'm soon to teach for what to produce) and work most evenings on it and more over the holidays. Templates for as much as possible saves time and spreadsheets to keep track of what is needed for each resource before it's ready.

A lot of work is needed and I don't expect to see any decent returns for another year at least. However the immediate gain is that my teaching has improved now I research other types of resources and what other sellers are producing for inspiration.