1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On a lighter note ... :-)

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by Jonntyboy, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Clearly a good and respected teacher with a great rapport with his class. Enjoy!

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Japes I have pulled on classes, kids and the whole school on April 1st include:

* Giving the last kid to arrive a bucket and sending them to the caretaker/Janitor to get a bucket of steam from the boilers so we can do a science experiment.
    * Putting a set of notices around school saying that I had lost the replacement batteries for the goldfish in my room. This resulted in dozens of kids (and staff) calling in in to see the amazing electric fish.
    * Putting around a letter from Google Earth to say that our district was being rephotographed from the air on that morning. Result, dozens of kids laying out on the field so that they would appear on streetview!
    * When 3d movies first became popular again putting out signs with eye exercises' on them which, if carried out would mean they didn't have to wear the specs in the cinema.
    * Putting the Google Earth image of the school playground on the classroom screen then sending the loudest kid outside to wave at the satellite so we could see her.
    Giving out a wordsearch sheet to every kid as they arrive. None of the words in the list were in the grid.