1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On a course when not usually working..

Discussion in 'Primary' started by scorpio12, Sep 28, 2015.

1. scorpio12

scorpio12 New commenter

Hi all,

I am a part time teacher at a primary school. My hours were reduced this year due to budget so now only work till lunch on a Friday. I have been asked if I can go on a course which is all day on a Friday at a Museum. Does anyone know whether I should be entitled to claim for those extra hours or not? Course goes on till 4:30pm so past usual school finish. I know I need to talk to my Headteacher but just wanted to see what people thought.

Thanks.

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

They really ought to pay you for your time, or at the very least offer you time off in lieu at another time, especially if they are asking you to go on the course (rather than it being your request).

3. reddevil

reddevil Occasional commenter

I would hope that as they have asked you to go on the course that they will pay you or give you time in lieu.

4. scorpio12

scorpio12 New commenter

Thanks both.

5. rachy1310

rachy1310 New commenter

I am part time too (half days) and ways get paid extra for extra half days. You will probably only be paid till normal time but you should get paid a full day rate. Also if it's ever a ted on a Friday x