1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

On a course on strike day...what do I do?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stephanie_mapplebeck, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anyone who has a bit more experience than me would be able to help.
    Basically on the 30th I am on the 2nd day of a course that leads to a qualification, the course organisers will not reorganise the course because there are only around 4 people on it who are involved in the strike and if I don't go I won't get the qualification. My school won't pay again to send me on the whole courseso basically I need to go on the 30th.
    But I also want to stand with my union and strike.

What should I do!?

2. I was wondering if anyone who has a bit more experience than me would be able to help.
    Basically on the 30th I am on the 2nd day of a course that leads to a qualification, the course organisers will not reorganise the course because there are only around 4 people on it who are involved in the strike and if I don't go I won't get the qualification. My school won't pay again to send me on the whole courseso basically I need to go on the 30th.
    But I also want to stand with my union and strike.

What should I do!?

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Go on the course but donate a days pay to your union in order to express your support.

4. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Why don't you go into work and then donate pay to show your support.

5. If I go into work instead of on the course then I won't get the qualification I have already begun working towards.I want to be able to go on the course AND support my union.

Donating to the union sounds like good advice, thank you

6. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Because I believe in the strike and will be demonstrating my support to the union by joining a local event.

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Decide which is more important to you. Striking with your union (they do not need your money!) or getting this qualification. Whichever is more important to you is what you should do. Simple.