1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oman salary for v experienced teacher?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by claytie, Oct 24, 2018.

1. claytie

claytie New commenter

is it usual for an Oman international school to include the housing allowance in the salary? Is 1600 OMR - including 400 for accommodation - a fair salary for a v experienced teacher?

2. towncryer

towncryer Lead commenter

Not a great amount but not the worst. Trouble is I'm not sure what you could rent for 400 OMR. You would probably have to dip in to the rest of your salary to find a decent place to live.Prices in Oman are really high for most things. If you're single you might just about manage but if you have dependents and /or financial obligations back home you are going to struggle.

3. claytie

claytie New commenter

School accommodation is provided for that allowance. What can one expect in terms of quality of accommodation??

4. lateralligator

lateralligator New commenter

Hi claytie, I've taught in Oman and had friends who worked in a lot of different schools there. If you want to PM me I might be able to give you an idea of accommodation.

5. claytie

claytie New commenter

Thanks, have done!