1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

olympics themed class assembly year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rebeccalemoigne, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I am doing my class assembly in May on the Olympics. I am looking for some songs which the children can sing during the assembly. So far I have only found 1. Any help appreciated!

2. I am doing my class assembly in May on the Olympics. I am looking for some songs which the children can sing during the assembly. So far I have only found 1. Any help appreciated!

3. Snap! Haven't really started looking in earnest yet but if your school uses Music Express, I seem to remember that there is one in the Year 6 book that also links to the theme of friendship (something about silver and gold maybe?). What I'm not sure about is how easy it is for Yr 1 to sing - may need simplifying? Have had a quick look on the Sing Up website but nothing jumped out - might have a closer look another time...

4. You may already have looked but if not try 'Out of the Ark' website - they have a single song about the Olympics which you can download for a couple of pounds.

5. Try the new song on the www.musicalhistories.com website. It's called 'Be a champion' and is very uplifting. My year 3s really love it! You can just download from the website.