1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympics-spitting it down into sub topics

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by khaseer, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Do you mean like colours (patterns of olymic circles, flags, team colours etc - could also link into a little PSED with skin colour ...)
    Maybe measuring - long, short, fast, slow, high, low, all comparitive, positonal language with stories such as hare and tortoise, dogger, Chinese new year ...
    Designing/teaching techniques for own things needed for sports - eg.g javelin (roll paper), shot put (scrunching), ribbons etc
    ceremonies - make own opening/closing ceremony
    Music linked to different nationalities - likes, dislikes, for dancing
    Can all go for an end product of holding own olympic with children having a role that has been visited in previous week.
    Hope that's useful

2. First of all- thankyou khaseer, those ideas are lovely and they will definitely assist my medium term plan.[​IMG]
    What I was thinking wash how to break it down like I did for "ourselves" ie.
    week 1- My Five Senses
    week 2- body parts
    week 3 -our family

I've struggled abit but now I am thinking I might focus on a country taking part in the Olympics every week and maybe a famous olympian from that country, and then maybe link in that way whilst also linking to olympic themed activities.
    ie.week 1-england, ben daly
    Any other suggestions welcome! :)

3. * I meant Tom Daley for Team GB (I blame Christmas for my mistake)