1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympics role play area

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sara2323, Mar 31, 2012.

1. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I'm struggling to come up with ideas for our role play area for the next term. The school is focussing on Olympics and our year 1 class now has a travel agents. I can 't seem to think of anything else- have thought about Olympics stadium but not sure what to put in it that's suitable for a year 2 class!

2. You could set up a sports clothing and accessories shop or possibly
    a sports commentary box/T.V. studio with headsets, microphones, toy video
    recorders, lighting equipment etc.
    <font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font>

3. I'm going to set up a sports injury clinic for my year 1/2's with xrays, bandages etc

4. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

That's a great idea about a commentary box, I will suggest that to my ks1 colleagues. :)

5. I am having an Olmpian warm up area with a snack bar - the warm up area will have mats and towels, sweat bands etc and images of stretches and the like with a window to pay for towel hire and stuff and then a sports snack bar with lucoade and power bars and a till etc.

6. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I really like the tv studio idea- We have a few flip cams and recordable microphones children really enjoy using them. I'm thinking about using cardboard boxes and tubes to make larger cameras and headsets.