1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympics/Jubilee songs

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Milgod, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Now, we are having our Y6 show as usual this Summer. The children write the script themselves, which usually works out well.

As it is a big year for the country they thought it would be good to theme it around the Olympics/Jubilee. We always like to have a few songs in the production. Does anyone have any good ideas of songs that could be link to either?

Could be to do with winning (e.g. We are the Champions) or anything that springs to mind. We can often change the words to fir our school if needed. If you know of any songs that would be great. Especially ones that I could find a backing track with no vocals. Just songs that would fun to sing.

Anyway, I leave suggestions open to the clever people of the Primary TES forum.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

I forgot I put this thread up.
    Not a bad idea Marlin, but a bit 'class assembly' for me. This is our end of year, kick-ass, parents rocking performance. I was thinking more pop songs.

4. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Not a pop song but there is a jubilee song in the resource section that I am using next week.

5. Out of the Ark Music have some song downloads - there is God Bless The Queen a song for the jubilee and then they have 6 other songs linked to the Olympics - Hooray for the Olympians is quite good and also some other healthy/sporty type songs.

6. My KS2 class are using the new Olympics song from www.musicalhistories.com for our Olympics assembly. It's called Be a champion and is very catchy.