1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympics based activities

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by cmoi09, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    Basically I need to come up with some activities for students to do within extended tutor times related to MFL and the Olympics. On a first thought I thought this would be simple enough but I'm struggling! I think it will total to about 6hours over a period of days- any ideas?
    Apart from the obvious- quizzes, maybe a taster session in German/Spanish etc I'm stuck!
    Thanks
    C

2. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

I've put everything I have so far here I hope Posterous stays up long enough for people to see it

3. Many thanks for your replies.
    I had a brief look at resources and have looked up all the usual stuff like CILT etc - as there are a few things out there. The difficulty is that we won't know who we are getting to take part in the activities- could well be students that don't even do languages!!

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Whaaaat??? Please tell me it's a late April fools [​IMG]

5. Geekie

Posterous was down for 24 hours Thursday to yesterday. There seem to have been quite a few problems since it was taken over by Twitter.

6. Geekie