1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympics 2012 in school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pocoyo, Dec 21, 2011.

1. I am the new PE co-ordinator in my school and we are hoping to make a big deal of the Olympics 2012. I was wondering what other schools are doing for the event? What things are you doing for Sports day and leading up to the event?
    Thank you. x

2. I am the new PE co-ordinator in my school and we are hoping to make a big deal of the Olympics 2012. I was wondering what other schools are doing for the event? What things are you doing for Sports day and leading up to the event?
    Thank you. x

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

My class have already taken part in a mini Olympics organised by pupils from the local sports comprehensive school for Y2 classes in the cluster primaries.

4. Hiya,

Have you heard of the Gold Challenge? It's part of the legacy programme for London 2012.

It's a charity challenge and you pledge in classes/year/house teams to take on a distance of 2012km by running, walking, swimming, cycling etc.

There's over 50,000 people taking it on already and growing by the day. We've got a lot of schools who are looking to achieve the challenge in a week. For 400 pupils that's only 5km which for most age groups could be walked/run in a day. You could link this to your sports day so that everyone has lots of activity to do. And what's really nice is that everyone's distance counts towards the team total.

Have a look at the resource I've posted for a bit more information.