1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympic taster sessions.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ladymari01, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hello,
    Soon our school will be holding an Olympic week and have some events prepared but would like to provide the children will some taster sports that they are not normally provided with such as fencing.
    Does anybody know any company that might provide taster sessions of different sports for primary schools?
    Your ideas/help will be much appreciated.

2. Hello,
    Soon our school will be holding an Olympic week and have some events prepared but would like to provide the children will some taster sports that they are not normally provided with such as fencing.
    Does anybody know any company that might provide taster sessions of different sports for primary schools?
    Your ideas/help will be much appreciated.

3. We are doing a similar thing in my school - I was going to write to some sports clubs in the local area whose sports are part of the olympics and ask them to come and provide some sessions - then if the children enjoy them they may like to join the club.
    I would really like some different sports that are within the olympics - i.e volleyball, handball etc so any links would be appreciated by myself also :)

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If you have some independent secondary schools nearby they may well have sixth formers who can come in and demonstrate or run workshops. One near us lets primaries go and watch clay pigeon shooting and similar. (They probably would let us have a go, but our H&S would never ever say yes!)