1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Olympic/Paralympic Art

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by michaella.t, May 9, 2012.

1. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm in need of some ideas for a two week art programme. We will have about fifty kids with a range of disabilities ranging from 5-15 and ranging from profound and multiple learning difficulties all the way up. Each activity will run for 1 and a half hours but children will be able to do as little or as much as they want.
    I'd like the activities to be as different and as sensory as possible so that everyone can participate. The theme we've picked is olympic/paralympics. For the first five days (ten activities) we will focus on sports, London (royalty, london landmarks etc) and the olympics in general (stadiums, medals, logos, posters). The second week we will be focusing on a different competing country/continent so Monday could be Asian day, Tuesday American day etc.
    So far I have got the following ideas:

Food Jewellery:
    Designing royal jewellery out of English food (cucumber slices, cucumber cubes, strawberry slices, tea bags). Drawing designs, producing jewellery on laminated royal paper heads and taking own photos of their masterpieces!

Olympic and Paralympic Posters:
    Painting with cardboard tubes inspired by Rachel Whiteread’s Olympic poster and making art with geometric shapes inspired by Riley, Creed and Morris’ posters.

Tennis Ball Painting:
    Using tennis balls and paint to create patterns.
    Making bunting.
    Haven't got any ideas for countries and still need six more activities for general olympics.
    Anyone doing anything they can share?

2. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm in need of some ideas for a two week art programme. We will have about fifty kids with a range of disabilities ranging from 5-15 and ranging from profound and multiple learning difficulties all the way up. Each activity will run for 1 and a half hours but children will be able to do as little or as much as they want.
    I'd like the activities to be as different and as sensory as possible so that everyone can participate. The theme we've picked is olympic/paralympics. For the first five days (ten activities) we will focus on sports, London (royalty, london landmarks etc) and the olympics in general (stadiums, medals, logos, posters). The second week we will be focusing on a different competing country/continent so Monday could be Asian day, Tuesday American day etc.
    So far I have got the following ideas:

Food Jewellery:
    Designing royal jewellery out of English food (cucumber slices, cucumber cubes, strawberry slices, tea bags). Drawing designs, producing jewellery on laminated royal paper heads and taking own photos of their masterpieces!

Olympic and Paralympic Posters:
    Painting with cardboard tubes inspired by Rachel Whiteread’s Olympic poster and making art with geometric shapes inspired by Riley, Creed and Morris’ posters.

Tennis Ball Painting:
    Using tennis balls and paint to create patterns.
    Making bunting.
    Haven't got any ideas for countries and still need six more activities for general olympics.
    Anyone doing anything they can share?