1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Oliver Twist year 7

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by iheartpoetry, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Hello all,

I'm a PGCE student and have 3 lessons to prepare my small year 7 class for a practical assessment on the scene in Oliver Twist in which Oliver encounters the Artful Dodger in the street for the first time. I just wondered if anyone had any tips on how to go about this. Their assessment criteria are: an understanding of blocking, stage directions and doubling. They have been divided into groups of three to play one of the main characters and double as the street sweeper/baker as well. I have looked at the opposites in their voice and body language but don't want to stifle their creativity by getting too bogged down with the technical aspects.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you

2. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare. Presumably it has been "imposed" on you and is not of your own choice.
    What are your current thoughts / lesson lengths ?
    This Assessment Framework might help.